Kepware develops software solutions for the Industrial Automation Industry that help bridge the communication gap between diverse hardware and software applications. Kepware products enable informed decision-making from the shop floor to the top floor by providing consistent, reliable data across the enterprise.
Contel and Kepware have been working together since the early 2000’s, where Contel discovered the robust, high quality and easy to use Kepware solutions for PLC and software communication in the production floor.
Contel is the Preferred Distributor of Kepware in ISRAEL.
As the Preferred Distributor, we promote, distribute, support and offer training for all software solutions across Kepware’s product portfolio.
KEPServerEX is the industry’s leading communications platform that provides a single source of industrial automation data to all of your applications. The platform design allows users to connect, manage, monitor, and control diverse automation devices and software applications through one intuitive user interface.
KEPServerEX leverages OPC (the automation industry’s standard for interoperability) and IT-centric communication protocols (such as SNMP, ODBC, and web services) to provide users with a single source for industrial data. Designed around the four product pillars of Proven Interoperability, Centralized Communications, On-Demand Scalability, and Industrial Strength, KEPServerEX is developed and tested to meet our customers’ performance, reliability, and ease-of-use requirements.
OPC is the leading standard for industrial automation connectivity. KEPServerEX supports the OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA) specification and many of the OPC Classic specifications, including OPC Data Access (OPC DA), OPC Alarms and Events (OPC AE), and OPC Historical Data Access (OPC HDA).
- Automation Interfaces
KEPServerEX has preferred access to leading automation software, including iFIX by GE Intelligent Platforms (NIO) and InTouch by Wonderware (SuiteLink/FastDDE). KEPServerEX also supports preferred access to Oracle MES and MOC solutions through their proprietary API.
- IT Interfaces
KEPServerEX supports multiple interfaces for integration with IT applications, including ODBC for logging information to a database and SNMP for providing information to a Network Management System (NMS). With the advent of IoT and Big Data applications, KEPServerEX now includes the ability to communicate with Splunk software and cloud services via the Industrial Data Forwarder for Splunk.
- Cloud Interfaces
With the IoT Gateway, KEPServerEX can seamlessly stream real-time industrial control data directly into Big Data and analytic software for Business Intelligence and Operational Excellence. Its customizable data format supports most MQTT and REST applications—enabling users to choose the vendors and communication methodologies right for their system.
Some applications require information to be made available from a file or database. This information is typically exported at a predefined rate and includes both current and historical data. KEPServerEX has the ability to export historical Electronic Flow Measurement (EFM) data (via the EFM Exporter plug-in) or historical trend data (via supported drivers) to files and/or databases.
Designed for IoT scalability, ThingWorx Kepware Server provides flexible, standardized, industrial connectivity that is costeffective, easy to implement, and supports a wide depth and breadth of disparate assets.
Key Features and Benefits
• Centralized Data Management and Data Access
• Centralize the management of enterprise data and securely distribute across all sites and assets uniformly.
• Accelerate IIoT and Industry 4.0 initiatives
• Create a standardized, repeatable architecture that can quickly scale across the entire organization.
• Enterprise support -Access award-winning support from experts in industrial automation and connectivity.
Scalable, Simplified Licensing and Flexible Pricing
• Factory – Simplified deployment with one unlock key across all servers, and enterprise subscription pricing easily scaling across all locations.
• Machine Builders – Tag Based Pricing for cost effective out-of-thebox connectivity to disparate legacy assets at the edge of their networks
ThingWorx Kepware Edge allows the most valuable features of KEPServerEX to be deployed in Linux-based environments, enabling connectivity directly at the site of the machine, device, or sensor.
Key Features and Benefits
• Reliability: Same best-in-class reliability as KEPServerEX; users can expect stable and dependable connectivity
• Scalability: With support for popular Linux operating systems and tag-based pricing, users can cost-effectively deploy hundreds of instances to support an edge-based architecture
• Licensing: Licensed with a licensing server, enabling license distribution to multiple instances at once.
• Simplicity: Protocol translation at the edge means users can rely on secure, efficient, and modern protocols instead of building and securing proprietary cell or radio networks
• Connectivity: With support for the most popular industrial protocols, product OEMs and System Integrators no longer need to create and maintain custom drivers to connect their machines
• Security: Utilizes modern and secure protocols to protect your data in transit
- • Linux based Edge Connectivity Product
• Targeted Edge/IOT applications/customers
• TW/OPC UA/MQTT Interfaces
• Modbus/Rockwell/Siemens Drivers
Configure multiple OPC servers into redundant pairs, thus increasing the OPC data’s availability and reliability.
RedundancyMaster can be seamlessly integrated into any existing OPC application without loss of data or changes to the client. The redundant servers are mapped transparently and will appear as a single OPC server connection to the OPC client
Key Features and Benefits
• Mitigates Object Based and Linked Based Failures: Monitors these conditions and prevent unnecessary downtime in your system, saving you time and money.
• Pair Two OPC Servers: Facilitates the redundant operation of multiple OPC servers, increasing the reliability of your OPC system.
• Local Machine Redundancy: The OPC client, RedundancyMaster, and the secondary OPC server all reside on the local machine, reducing the need for another machine to run the secondary OPC server.
• Multiple OPC Server Pair Redundancy: Multiple OPC server pairs gather data from two separate device networks
LinkMaster provides a means of linking data between OPC servers, thus serving as a universal bridge for OPC systems. LinkMaster acts as both an OPC server and DDE server, allowing it to bridge legacy DDE systems and new OPC-enabled applications.
Key Features and Benefits
• Programing Knowledge Optional – Fast and robust Windows application that requires no programming knowledge. Simply “Drag and Drop” to create your links.
• Control Data Transfers With Link Groups – Reduce network traffic and increase reliability by tailoring your data transfers to fit the needs of the application and controlling how fast data is transferred from one OPC server to another.
• Ease of Use – provides fully-featured data bridging, drag and drop link creation, error logging, support for creating Custom Remote Machine references, and more.
• OPC Server to Server Bridging – link data between two (or more) OPC servers.
• OPC Sever Collector or Gateway – Functions as a single OPC server that serves data from multiple OPC servers acting as both a client and a server.
• OPC Server Within Server Bridging – Routes data between two PLCs connected to the same server
KEPServerEX and Thingworx Kepware Server are more than OPC servers — they are interoperable connectivity platforms for industrial automation and IoT. Advanced Plug-ins extend the capabilities of the platforms providing enhanced server functionality, increasing the usefulness of data by transforming it beyond raw data in a device register. Advanced Plug-ins are included with the ThingWorx Kepware Server license or can be licensed individually or as part of suites.
Advanced Tags: Enables Machine to Machine (M2M) tag linking, logic, and math functions for operational communications and analysis
Alarms and Events: Offers unique alarm input, output, and acknowledgment messages
DataLogger: Logs data from KEPServerEX to ODBC-compliant databases
EFM Exporter: Collects historical Electronic Flow Measurement (EFM) data from leading flow computers and RTU devices
Industrial Data Forwarder for Splunk: Provides industrial data to Splunk™ software platform for asset management and predictive maintenance
IoT Gateway: Streams real-time industrial control data into IT or IoT applications for Business Intelligence and Operational Excellence
Local Historian: Moves data collection, storage, and access closer to the data source to prevent data loss and improve operational efficiency
Scheduler: Moves the scheduling of data requests from the client to the server to optimize device communications across networks with limited bandwidth
SNMP Agent: Enables most Network Management Systems (NMS) to communicate with automation devices and systems